Thursday, October 2, 2008

training

was a good day for my training: 3 loops, 12.66km, 1hr 23mins. need to speed up a bit, but there's more than a month to go. i hope i should be fine!

yesterday was at imf. it was so strange. it was one of those days. i reached the place, and headed over to the bouldering place. after only a few minutes i felt something wasnt right, i felt weak. the mosquitoes were also a few too many. anyway i threw myself at a few boulder problems, and roof sections for the next hour or so (didnt check exactly how long). eventually, i moved over to the rope section. unlike the bouldering wall where i was alone, the rope section has a few takers. specially a group of four training for the nationals. so what more, i joined the fun. i was definitely weaker than most days, which was frustrating. but on the positive side it was perfect for training, working on techniques, overhangs, and drop knee. we climbed for a long time, i was there at imf for about 2.5hrs. a real nice and long session, just too many mosquitoes for any comfort. on my way back got some cream which should sort the mosquito problem from next time. what remains is i should really get some chalk, and then back to basics.

the best part of imf was the mid air collision with someone taking a fall, and i trying to prevent the belayer (there was a big weight mismatch) -- in the process i got some painful memories on my left shoulder. its much better now. i was a bit worried ... good experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going through your blog, you recently started preparing for the hm. For me 12 km in 7-8 days is nice progress.Probably I will get some motivation for my Great Delhi Run out of it.
imf-ing(I like the word) along with hm preparation, I am amazed and thinking can I ever expect so much from me?
keep it up...

niloy said...

hi, thanks for the comments. good luck for the great delhi run, should be fun. i am sure you will cruise through it. if by any chance you intend to try out imf, just let me know.