Sunday, May 17, 2009

imf at 42C

It wasn't fun to start with, the humidity was taking its toll, the place was silent as the birds and dogs were busy finding a hiding place and forgot to cry out once in a while. There was definitely a lull in the air when I reached IMF today around 5:30pm. I didn't meet anyone for the first 30minutes or so. It was definitely a day for swimming and not outdoor climbing. But since I was there what else could I do? The holds/rocks were stuck to their usual places, maintaining disinterested poses. A bit of self coaxing and I had put on my climbing shoes (which are torn by now, should get a new pair at some point). I started easy, but then slowly got into the mood. Having a book to read helped to take mind off the heat, and focus on the sequences. Soon, like most other days in Delhi, the temperature started dropping with occasional breeze trying its best to help. After some interesting sequences and a some success on a few bouldering tasks, it was time to put on the harness. I topped a few times, and made one more move on the sequence I am trying for the last two sessions. Maybe next time I will powerful enough to pull through the sequence, though I feel it is more a question of having enough positive vibes, rather than power or technique on that move, or sort of dyno.

1 comment:

Gudrun said...

Great piece of writing, maybe only the climbing can top it! :-)