Monday, August 31, 2009

setting up office machine

It turns out that setting up imac is a breeze, provided you have a working mac setup. Here is what I did:
-- install winclone on old and new mac (to copy windows later, working with intel mac)
-- put the two macs on the same network, and run migration assistant on both. follow on-screen instructions and in about 2 hours I had my old mac settings transferred to the new system!
-- next ran winclone to mirror my previous win installation, copied the file over using a firewire cable (boot old laptop while pressing T), and restored win partition on new machine using winclone again. Done!
-- if win partition needs to update driver, use the macos dvd from windows -- bootcamp does the rest.

I realize that I wrote this in a bizarre style -- alternating between instruction mode, and note to myself or experience mode.

No comments: