Wednesday, November 19, 2008

(jeera) biscuit

I stumbled upon a few recipes for biscuits, read them and realized it is not that complicated. Since the recipes replaces yeast (as required for bread) by baking powder, chances of failure was low. The preparation time also looked insignificant, order of a few minutes. So decided to try it out. Just to spice up things, added a few cumin (jeera) seeds. Next time should make sure I pre-roast them. The experiment went smoothly, with no surprises, and the biscuits came out nice and crisp. Which makes me hungry, so let me go grab one ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

definitely it was tasty, and the most interesting thing was that it took hardly a few minutes.obviously i do accept that you are a great chef with your own style of cooking!!!

niloy said...

Thanks. But I dont think I am a great chef, just willing to try new things and experiment. Sometimes I get lucky.

Unknown said...

if i am not wrong you have some pics of jeera biscuit also..so why don't you add those over here..this would really look nice.