Thursday, July 3, 2008

Merde happens

How true is that, it does again, and again, and again. I felt like writing something yesterday, may be thought I should write something yesterday but somehow didn't. It was a busy day, a long day at work, but overall not a very long day. I was really on a low in the late afternoon, early evening, after things went completely opposite to how I wanted them to. However, it was one of those moments when you realize the value of doing things just by yourself, my inner self being the best friend. Like memories from books, music, and of course climbing, what else.

I was too tired to think about work. I just remembered about the rocks I had hugged recently, how gentle they felt, warm, tender (only once a bit too hot leaving some scars or shall we say love-bites), and at times grippy. I really cant explain, but it seems that they do have feelings and are there always waiting or rather craving for a gentle touch, a close hug, or eager to hear cries of agony of folks failing to make it in the initial attempts. Indeed with enough tries, even the impossible becomes achievable, not always, but sometimes --- who am I to talk about that. If even if doesn't, still worth the tries -- worth the pain and efforts that went in vain. Leaves us stronger, or does it? Just inspiring to hear Sharma talk about 100-s of times/sessions he tries the super hard moves before he can get them. Shows dedication, faith, perfection, focus ... things that makes climbing worth all the effort. So relaxing. In the end I just thought about the last week, various holds and embraces, moments to cherish, and guess what -- in a few minutes (well it took longer) -- I was back to my usual self. So Merde happens, but then you talk to yourself, pick up yourself, and move on with life -- its a wonderful life, isn't it?

No comments: