Friday, July 11, 2008

why do I blog

A strange question, and I dont have a convincing answer to that. But then again do I need one? Isnt it enough that I enjoy writing about things I feel were important moments, passing thoughts, or just a way of unwinding at the end of the day. Does it matter if others pass by this page, does it matter if I write something personal and others come to read about it, and I worried? I guess its kind of daring to write down thoughts in public view, on a board there once written its hard to erase. Its no longer the personal diary of yester years, its a online diary opening myself to the world for some unknown reason. Opening myself to criticism, holding myself naked with my intense thoughts jotted down. In short, such thoughts dont bother me, at least not now, may be in a few months, years I will feel stupid and hope that I never did write like this. But then again who has seen the future. I live in the present, and plan only for next few days to come. Its definitely a stupid way to live, but its my way, I way I am comfortable with. Coming back to the question, is this e-equivalent question of why do we live? Philosophical queries that have stumped people for ages and its something everyone has to come up with their own recipe. Its a mean of coming to terms to oneself. The other option is not to think about such things and follow others, the mass. Enough fooling around for now, time to get back to work .. Just a parting thought -- when is a blog successful? When there are many visitors, readers, etc. or is it when there is someone who reads in and may be get connected, start a discussion. Or may be success if writing an entry helps clear up some logic for myself, its a mean of writing to myself, speaking to myself, trying to keep a structured though going, without giving myself the option to go back and clean up the writing. A blog to me is not a polished piece of writing or essay, but more a raw record of thoughts as they occur, sometimes in sequence and structured, while at others all at once, and then the fun begins .... Good luck to anyone trying to decipher that ;-)

No comments: